Are you keen to kick off a serious prospecting and growth plan but just don’t know where to start and who to prospect?
If the answer is yes, then you will need to get serious about locating leads.
Firstly, answer the following:
- Does my business have an existing rent roll?
- Do I have access to previous landlords?
- Does our office have a prospective tenant database?
- Is there a sales database in my office?
- Do we use creditors to service our rent roll?
- Does my office run open homes on a weekly basis?
- Do I live within the geographical area of my office?
- Are there professional services companies close by – solicitors, conveyancers, accountants?
- Have a bought a product or used a service locally in the last 7 – 60 days?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then the chances are, you already have 100’s of warm leads already available to you and ready to prospect.
Now its time to contact them. But what are you going to say?
One of the best ways to uncover potential leads and referral partners is to use the “Give to Gain” (also referred to as prospecting with a purpose) method. Considering your target lead group, think about how you might be able to provide them with something of value. Let’s start at the top of the list. If you are using the landlords within your existing rent roll as a prospecting source, think about what might benefit their current situation. Why not offer a “Portfolio Pressure Test”. Team up with a local mortgage broker and work together the generate investor leads. Offer a free interest rate comparison and educational tools to help anyone looking at growing their wealth (and who isn’t interested in wealth creation?).
Let’s take one other example, perhaps, sale open home attendees. The quickest and easiest tool you can use as a reason to call, is the rental estimate for the property they inspected. Simply having this on hand and offering it as your conversation opener can allow you to promptly identify investors currently looking to purchase and open the conversation to future opportunities.
These are just two, of the hundreds of lead generation techniques available. And don’t fear, if you are a start-up operation or PM only business, there are many more proven ways that the Real+ team can assist you in lead generation. If you answered no to the above questions, or would simply like to discuss applying the above methods within your business, get in touch for FREE 30 minute power-up session.