Team leave is an inevitable element of leading a team and leave prep can assist in allowing all team members to stay on track during this period.
Here are a few steps you may like to implement to prepare for leave periods, to help both your stress levels and ensure that the wheels continue to turn in your absence.
- Set out-of-office reminders that include details of the leave and who can be contacted for what whilst you’re away.
- When planning your routine inspection and review schedules, consider public holidays and potential leave so that these tasks don’t fall on other team members to complete.
- Where possible plan out and complete any ingoings, outgoings and bond finalisations before going on leave.
- Ensure that your systems are prepared and that your Owners and Tenants are informed of when you are taking annual leave and who they can discuss their properties with in your absence.
- If you have access to portals, updates or even an email out to all tenants to educate them on the process of reporting repairs is handy to keep everyone up to date and avoid confusion.
- Prepare notes of outstanding items and have a debrief with other team members who will be managing your portfolio in your absence.
- Try to relax! You are on leave, so take the time to unplug, unwind and relax so that you come back recharged and ready to tackle the months ahead.
Real+ – the property management training experts.