Recently Real+ were excited to invite Adam Freitas, BDM at Raine & Horne Newtown & 2018 REB Australian BDM of the Year into our Virtual Classroom.
During the session, here are some of the top take tips Adam shared with his Real+ Coach, Kate Benjamin:
- Elevator pitch – You need to be able to clearly articulate “Why” a client would choose you and your brand to manage their property and this will differ based on client needs and previous experiences.
- Lead Sources – Based on current market conditions, missed opportunities are the best source of New Business in a slowing market for Adam. In the early days of his career, he spent hours each day building his database with sales OFI attendees and current tenants -he continues to do this on a regular basis.
- Prospecting targets – Aim high, 40 – 50 calls per day dependent on the source you are focusing on.
- Accountability is imperative, know your numbers and involve your team, peers and a coach to hold you accountable to sticking to them.
- Block out time – Prospecting needs to be in your calendar every day. You must love the phone.
- Listing presentation – You must have a tool kit stocked with evidence, stats, comparable properties and case studies. You must understand in some presentations you may never use these tools, but you can never be too prepared.
- Fees – at least 75% of Adam’s clients want to negotiate, and you have to be ready and willing to fight for your fees. Adam overcomes client objections by demonstrating a premium marketing plan and well documented market share across all property types in his core areas.
- Marketing – Social media is where Adam experiences the most traction. Adams personal website and his use of video has allowed him to connect with his ever-expanding client base.
- Key to success – Discipline, focus, structure. Sit down and work out, based on the number of properties you need to achieve, what activity to you need to undertake to achieve this. Consistency of prospecting and don’t me afraid to miss out on listings because the more you lose, the more you win.
Thanks, Adam, for sharing!
Adam has been working with Kate Benjamin, New Business Coach at Real+ for over 18 months. During December they will be focusing on Adam’s 2019 goals.
If you would like a copy of the Real+ goals template, click here to request a copy, and go into the draw for a free New Business Goals setting session.